August 03, 2013

Things I learned.

This summer was the most fantastic journey I've ever been on. I cried like a baby when I got there and when I left, both because I loved it there so much. I met Mickey and Belle and Beast. More importantly, I met fellow Canadians, Mexicans, Lithuanians, Europeans, Australians, Americans, Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese. People from all over the world united by an enormous love for all things Disney.


Things I learned while working at the happiest place on earth:

- Every workplace is less glamorous than you think it will be.
- Pointing with only one finger is rude, and its extra magical to use your whole hand.
- Nova Scotia is next to Russia, and English is not our first language.
- People do stupid things.
- You're never too old to be young.
- Space mountain is terrifying with the lights on.
- Lifelong friends can be made through a mutual love of sitting on the ground in the rain.
- The grey stuff is, in fact, delicious.
- Dealing with heat and humidity really is just mind over matter.
- 50 Frenchmen can't be wrong.
- Hakuna Matata means no worries for the rest of your days.
- Safe-D begins with me.
- Encouragement gets you so much farther than anger.
- Mexican cooking smells and tastes incredible.
- Mexican culture is social and loud.
- Tower of Terror is terrifying, but also oddly fun.
- You can make friends with anyone just by smiling as asking how they are.
- Once a cast member, always a cast member.
- Wishes do come true.
- I am capable of anything.

And so much more. Thank you to everyone who made this summer more than wonderful and an absolutely magical time!

No comments:

Post a Comment